Valentine's Pillowcase Dress

 Welcome to day #8 of my "14 days of Valentines" series! I have been having a lot of fun working on all of these lovey projects!  I bought the fabric for this dress back in December and it has been sitting and waiting for me to give it some attention. Well...my husband took himself, Emma and 3 of the 4 boys for haircuts last night. Emma didn't get a cut, just there for backup! Believe me, with my crazy boys, it is NEEDED!  After they left I sat down and got to work on this pillowcase dress, I wanted Emma to be able to wear it to church today and she did. Pardon the slightly blurry pictures, I had to snap quickly so we could be on time for 9:00 church!  My husband wasn't amused that I was taking blog pictures before church!






 All of the fabric is by Riley Blake, but they are all patterns from My Mind's Eye. I always get a thrill when my two loves come together. Now I need to get the paper so I can craft something up to match! LOL!  I was thrilled when I was pregnant with Emma and all of the fabric I used on her crib bedding and quilts was made into a paper line! I had so much fun crafting and sewing coordinating things!





 You can see the straps a little bit better here. You can also see Emma's heart hair that I have to do every Valentine's Day as well. She has been sporting heart hair all year, though, since she got a super cute heart outfit for back to school, so whenever she wears it I try and do something "heartish".







 I love how quickly a pillowcase dress works up. I was done before they got done with the haircuts!  I was so pleased with myself.  If you haven't made one before, they are so easy. You simply made a pillowcase but leave both ends open. Make a casing for the elastic, sew it in place and add the straps! So, {sew}, easy!





Blurry picture, but you can see the hem detail a little bit better here. I think this is probably the last time I will be making Emma a pillowcase dress and her days of heart hair are dwindling. Can I tell you how much my heart is breaking coming to this realization? She is growing up too fast and she is my only girl! Where did the time go? I wish I could go back in time and snuggle my curly haired, blue eyed baby some more...hold her longer, play more barbies and dollies.  The days are long but the years are short...said some wise person somewhere. It is one of my favorite quotes because it is soooo true!

Comments

Popular Posts